Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2009

Amber Nectar

I created Amber as a one off when Ben "Doctor Simpo" Simpson asked me for some pages for the fourth issue of his surrealistically satirical underground comic Freak. Turns out she was far more appealing than the degenerate stoner characters I'd been drawing up till then, and so his associates at Glasgow's Hope Street Studios asked me to revive the character for their dope humour mag Northern Lightz.
She's been revived more recently for Lightz' successor title Wasted. I went along to the launch signing in London in autumn of 2008, which was a tremendous buzz because most of the people involved, folks like editor Alan Grant, cover artist Frank Quitely, Jamie Grant and Jon Haward, are far more established in the field than me.
You can find out more at www.wastedcomic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment